Gothenburgs international relations in brief
- Strategic sister-city agreements with Lyon, Shanghai, Port Elizabeth (Nelson Mandela BayMunicipality) and Chicago. Traditionally twinned with Scandinavia’s second cities.
- Well established EU-related working methods and networks.
- EU representation office in Brussels.
- Triple-helix cooperation with well-renowned international science parks as clusters of innovation. Johanneberg Science Park, Lindholmen Science Park and Sahlgrenska Science Park.
- Several EU-projects within the Smart Cities Initiative
- Strong regional cooperation through organisations The Scandinavian Arena and Gothenburg-Oslo cooperation
- The city of Gothenburg is a member of the European Green Digital Charter. The Green Digital Charter promotes progress in tackling climate change through the innovative use of digital technologies in cities.